Cities Climate Finance Training (CCFT)
Through workshops and capacity building actions, we strive to provide local authorities with answers and competences on the following issues :
- What institutional responses to community problems in financing the fight against climate change?
- What are the conditions for the success of green bonds, how to monitor it?
- How to involve citizens through crowdfunding in projects taking place in their territories?
- What financial mechanisms can be set up to finance the renovation of public and private housing?
- How to finance adaptation projects to climate change?
Cities of the 21st century are struggling to access finance for their mitigations actions. To tackle this challenge, the think tank I4CE hopes to raise awareness on financing tools available for cities, contribute to the development of new financial mechanisms and empower local authorities in the design and implementation of the climate strategies.
I4CE’s capacity building activities are largely targeted at elected officials, institutions, researchers and local technicians. As part of these awareness-raising efforts, I4CE will organize a serie of workshops in Morocco and Tunisia this year.
The activities being carried out by I4CE contribute to the discussions about increased involvement of local authorities during international negotiations at UNFCCC level: They provide concrete examples of financial tools that can be used by cities to support their climate strategies and emphasise the role of cities in the transition towards a low-carbon and resilient economy.
These activities contribute to the discussions about increased involvement of local authorities during international negotiations at UNFCCC level by providing concrete examples of financial tools that can be used by cities to support their climate strategies.
It emphasizes the role of cities in the transition towards a low-carbon and resilient economy.
What added value in working with the Climate KIC / LoCal
The event benefited from the extended network of Climate KIC and put it at the European Level.